If you’re not familiar with curbside delivery, it is when a company brings your purchase right to your car. No more waiting in line or carrying heavy bags. Thanks to innovations like “Click and Collect” from retailers and supermarkets, curbside delivery has grown substantially over the past two years.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the state of curbside delivery, who it benefits, why it is popular, and how you can save time and money with curbside delivery.
How Does Curbside Delivery Work?
The process for curbside delivery is simple; you’ve placed your order and chosen curbside delivery at checkout; you’ll receive a notification when your order is ready. When you arrive at the store, you’ll call the number provided and let them know you’re there. An employee will then notify that your order is ready to be collected.
Curbside delivery is great for busy individuals who don’t have time to waste standing in line or lugging around heavy bags. It’s also a convenient option if you have trouble getting around or carrying things. If you’re looking for a hassle-free shopping experience, curbside delivery is the way to go.
Car-side vs. Curb-side – What’s the Difference?
The great debate of our time. No, seriously. This is a thing people argue about. A lot.
Here’s the deal: when you order something from a restaurant for delivery, you have the option of having it delivered to your car (car-side) or to the curb (curb-side). Which one you choose is up to you, but there are pros and cons to each option.
Let’s start with car-side delivery. The main advantage of this option is that it’s more convenient. You don’t have to get out of your car and walk to the door to get your food. Just pull up, open your boot, and voila! Your item is there.
The downside of car-side delivery is that it’s not always the safest option. If you’re in a busy parking lot, there’s a risk of your food getting stolen. And if it’s raining or snowing, you might have to wait a while for your food to arrive, since the driver will have to park as close to your car as possible.
Curb-side delivery, on the other hand, is a bit less convenient. You’ll have to get out of your car and walk to the door to get your item/goods. But the upside is that it’s generally safer. There’s less risk of your goods getting stolen, and you don’t have to worry about waiting in the rain, hot, or cold.
So, which option is right for you? That’s up to you. Both have their pros and cons. Just make sure to weigh your options before you decide.
How Technology is Driving Curbside Delivery
Technology has had a profound impact on the way we live, work and play. It’s also had a big impact on the way we shop. In fact, technology is driving the growth of curbside delivery, making it easier and more convenient for shoppers to get what they need without ever having to step foot inside a store.
Here’s a look at how technology is driving curbside delivery growth:
1. Online shopping: More and more people are doing their shopping online, which means they’re less likely to want to go into a store to pick up their purchases. Curbside delivery lets them shop from the comfort of their own homes and then have their purchases delivered right to their doorsteps.
2. Mobile apps: Mobile shopping apps have made it even easier to shop online, and they’re also helping to drive the growth of curbside delivery. With a few taps on their smartphones, shoppers can now order their items and schedule a time for them to be delivered.
3. GPS tracking: GPS tracking is another technology that’s helping to fuel the growth of curbside delivery. With this technology, retailers can track their deliveries in real-time, which helps to ensure that items are delivered on time and to the right location.
4. Artificial intelligence: Artificial intelligence is another cutting-edge technology that’s beginning to be used in the retail sector. Retailers are using AI to help them choose the most efficient route for their deliveries, as well as to track customer preferences and trends.
As you can see, there are a number of different technologies that are driving the growth of curbside delivery. This trend is only going to continue to grow in popularity, so we’re likely to see even more innovation in this space in the years to come.
Why Shoppers Choose Curbside Delivery
There is no doubt that curbside delivery is becoming increasingly popular in Australia. With the busy lifestyles that many Australians lead, it is no wonder that this type of delivery is so convenient. Whether you are ordering takeout food or picking up a prescription from the pharmacy, curbside delivery can save you time and hassle.
Here are some of the reasons why curbside delivery is becoming so popular in Australia:
1. Convenience – It’s extremely convenient for busy people who don’t have time to go into a store or restaurant. You can simply place your order online or over the phone and have it delivered right to your car.
2. Time-saving – Instead of having to fight for a parking spot and then wait in line at the store, you can have your order delivered right to your car.
3. Avoid the crowds – Curbside delivery can help you avoid the crowds inside a store or restaurant. This is especially helpful if you are trying to avoid contact with others during the coronavirus pandemic.
4. Save money – Curbside delivery can also save you money. Many stores and restaurants offer discounts for orders that are placed online or over the phone.
5. Get what you want – You can specify exactly what you want, meaning you are less likely to end up with something that you don’t want or need.
6. Support local businesses – Instead of ordering from a national chain, you can choose to have your order delivered from a local store or restaurant.
7. Help the environment – When you order online or over the phone, you are not using any paper or plastic bags. This helps to reduce waste and pollution.
Why Retailers Choose Curbside Delivery
Retailers have long been struggling to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of consumer behaviour. In today’s world, shoppers are constantly looking for ways to save time and money. This has led to the rise of ecommerce and the death of brick-and-mortar store.
However, retailers are fighting back by offering curbside delivery. This service allows shoppers to order online and then pick up their purchases at a designated location, usually in the parking lot of the store.
Curbside delivery is a win-win for both retailers and consumers. Retailers get to keep their customers happy and loyal, while consumers get the convenience they crave.
There are several benefits of curbside delivery for retailers, including:
1. Increased Customer Loyalty
Offering curbside delivery is a great way to increase customer loyalty. When shoppers are able to order online and then pick up their purchases at a convenient location, they are more likely to continue shopping with that retailer.
2. Boosted Sales
Curbside delivery can also boost sales for retailers. When shoppers are able to order online and then pick up their purchases at the store, they are more likely to make additional purchases while they are there.
3. Reduced Costs
Another benefit for retailers is reduced costs. This service can be offered without the need for expensive infrastructure, such as drive-thru’s or delivery vehicles.
4. Increased Foot Traffic
Offering this method of delivery can also increase foot traffic to your store. When shoppers know they can order online and then pick up their purchases at the store, they are more likely to come in and shop around.
5. Improved Customer Service
Finally, curbside delivery can improve customer service. This service allows retailers to offer a convenient and hassle-free shopping experience for their customers.
If you are a retailer looking for a way to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of consumer behaviour, consider offering curbside delivery. This service is a win-win for both retailers and consumers and offers numerous benefits.